Bookings, Cancellations & Payments
1. Our Hire Tariff is reviewed annually and prices charged will be those in force at the time of the letting regardless of when the booking was made.
2. Bookings are only secured by our written confirmation following the Bookings Officer’s receipt of a fully completed and signed booking form. However we reserve the right to ask for full prepayment and/or a security bond of up to 100% of the total value of the Hire. In such instances, we cannot confirm any booking until we receive value of any required payments.
3. The Camp can be occupied from 4.00pm on the day of arrival and vacated by no later than 11.00am on the day of departure. This gives us the opportunity of readying the Camp for new arrivals. Please contact a Bookings Officer if you wish to seek a variation – we will try to accommodate any reasonable request.
4. We understand that it might be difficult to quantify the exact occupancy headcount at the time of booking, so we provide a ‘headcount confirmation form’ to be completed by the person in charge of each Hiring Group upon their arrival at the Camp.
5. Full payment for the Hire must be made either in advance or before departure from the Camp unless we’ve been asked to submit an invoice at the conclusion of the booking period. In the latter situation accounts must be settled within 28 days of the invoice date.
6. Unless alternative arrangements have been made, leave the settlement cheque and completed ‘headcount confirmation form’ on the kitchen counter in the Mess hall.
Safeguarding Children & Accidents
7. Upon arrival please familiarise yourself with the Emergency Procedures in the event of fire or accident, as detailed in the Hirer’s Folder
8. The provision of a First Aid kit is the responsibility of the Hirer
9. The Camp is only available for Hire to recognised child welfare, educational, vocational and social groups that operate a Child Protection Policy and fully comply with all UK Child Safeguarding legislation.
10. The Hirer must ensure that adequate supervision of children is provided at all times and that no unauthorised persons are permitted to enter the premises or use the facilities. The surrounding fields are private property.
11. Prior to the booking commencing the Hirer will be given the combination lock access code to the Camp’s main gate and Mess hall key box – this must not be disclosed to anyone other than the personnel staffing the Camp.
12. Bringing or igniting Fireworks in/on Camp grounds or buildings is strictly forbidden.
13. No pets are allowed onto the Camp under any circumstances with the exception of guide dogs for blind or hearing dogs for the deaf. Please ensure guide dogs do not foul the playing field or camp site areas.
14. Arrangements must be in place to immediately send home any child or adult discovered to be in possession of, or under the influence of, either alcohol or unlawful drugs or other intoxicating substances of any kind that have not been prescribed by a Doctor.
15. The Charity’s Officers may enter the Camp at all times to discharge their lawful duties as Landlord such as effecting running repairs, inspecting the Camp for damage, acting in accordance with the Charity’s own Child Protection Policy, or in response to a request to visit from the Hiring Organiser, Child Protection Officer, Group Leader, Social or Emergency Services or other responsible adult resident at the Camp. Whenever possible such visits will be made by appointment with the Group Leader.
16. All accidents must be recorded in the Camp Accident Book.
Fire & Safety
17. The Hirer must nominate a competent person to take charge in case of Fire, to ensure that all persons at the Camp can escape unimpeded through the Fire Exits and to assemble in the designated assembly area. Improper operation of the Fire Extinguishers will result in the restoration costs being levied on the Hirer. Fire Doors MUST remain unobstructed during the Hiring Period. A new fire security system was installed in 2010 – please consult the operational and reset instructions in the Hirer’s Folder – the Control Panel is situated inside the Mess Hall on the east wall close to the main entry door.
18. Any electrical equipment brought onto the Hall premises by the Hirer, or on behalf of the Hirer must be PAT Certified.
19. Any Camp property that becomes unsafe, unserviceable or faulty must be reported to one of the Camp’s Officers as soon as is practical. We will try to effect repairs/replacements as best we can.
20. There is no implied warranty that the premises are fit for any particular purpose, and the Longmynd Adventure Camp shall not be liable for any injury or damage to any person or property in any way arising out of the condition of the premises, fixtures and fittings, and the Hirer shall indemnify the Charity’s Committee & Trustees against all proceedings in this respect.
21. No bedding is provided other than mattresses with covers for the bunk beds.
22. No tents are provided for ‘Camping’ bookings
23. Although we are in a very rural setting sound travels a long way on still summer days and we do have a number of nearby farms. Most farmers retire early to their beds, so please respect this by refraining from noisy activities after 9.00PM.
Damage to Property & Cleaning
24. The Hirer is responsible for any damage or loss to the Camp’s buildings, fittings, equipment and grounds during the Hire period and the cost of repairs or replacements may be levied on the Hirer.
25. The Camp’s Buildings & Grounds must be left in clean condition equivalent to the standard provided at the commencement of the Hire Period. Failure to do so will incur a cleaning charge of £35.
26. All bookings include use of the kitchen and its equipment and the cooker, fridge, freezer and crockery etc. must be left clean. Floors to all areas must be cleaned and tidied after use. Mops, brooms and vacuum cleaner etc. are in the Mess Hall store or staff rooms. Toilets, showers and sinks must be left clean and tidy as found. Bunkhouses must be left in a clean and tidy condition by their occupants.
27. Tables and chairs, having been wiped over, must be stacked/returned to the sides of the Mess Hall. Rubbish must be bagged and either taken home or placed in the wheelie bins by the front gate. Broken glass must be wrapped before disposal. No liquids to be emptied into the wheelie bins. Wheelie bins are emptied alternate Wednesdays.
28. Any equipment used must be returned to its proper storage space after use.
29. Decorations such as balloons, banners and streamers may not be attached to any part of the fabric of any building with any hole making implement or adhesive materials that leave residual marks or stains.
30. Group Leaders must ensure that all heaters and lights, including external lights, are switched off and all doors and windows are secure when locking up the Mess Hall, Toilet/Shower Blocks and Bunkhouses, if the latter have been hired. Return all keys to their hooks in the Mess Hall and return the single Mess Hall key to the external key box once the Mess Hall has been locked. Lock by revolving the combination dials to a number that is not the access code. Similarly close and lock the Camp gate when leaving the Camp unattended and on completion of the Hire.
31. The Management Committee endeavours to provide facilities that are clean and tidy for all users at a reasonable cost. In order to do this, the Terms & Conditions set out herein must be adhered to by all who use the Camp. Any Hirer who does not abide by them will incur extra charges for cleaning or tidying of the buildings and grounds.
32. The Charity’s Management Committee reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, at their discretion
Thank you for co-operating and we hope you enjoy staying at the Longmynd Adventure Camp. If you have, please tell others; if you have not, please tell us! We welcome any thoughts you may have on how we may be able to improve our service or facilities.
We are a Registered Charity of over 50 years standing, providing respite breaks for disadvantaged children. Please consider making a donation or organising a fundraising event for our benefit. Contact our Chairman, Peter Jenkins (01694 724919) if you would like to help us in any way.